Happy Holidays

Think...think...think...

Each week you will find a question to think about and answer. Make sure you do your best thinking and explain your thoughts well. Use complete sentences, correct spelling, and punctuation. Have fun!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Let's Get This Blog Started

So I'm having lots of fun with these weekly questions, but I now need to figure out how to actually use this with my kids. Any insights on how I can access an email account for each third grader? Is this something the district will even allow?

2 comments:

Mrs. Brodbeck said...

Amy,
I also am trying to figure out how to use the blog within my classroom. Perhaps we should not worry about blogging, but lexiling!!!!

Ms. Torbenson said...

I don't think the district will allow students younger than 6th graders to have access to their own email accounts just yet... :(

However, I do think that you can establish a "dummy" Gmail account for them to use. If you give students the singular dummy account's email address, they can log into your blog to leave a comment. When they comment, have them leave their first name (only!), or a nickname that you and the student have mutually agreed upon so that their web-presence is anonymous :)